TREATMENT OF DISORDERED SYSTEMS / SOLID SOLUTIONS - perovskite structure
-
Hi, we synthesized a complex material something along the lines of LaFex Niy Coz Cuu Mnv O3 where x+y+z+u+n=1. I know it is not trivial, but I would like to attempt using configuration analysis in TREATMENT OF DISORDERED SYSTEMS / SOLID SOLUTIONS module to generate possible configurations. The parent compound is LaFeO3 perovskite structure. It is Pnma symmetry
Lattice (Primitive)
a 5.60 Å, b 5.66 Å, c 7.94 Å, α 90.00 º, β 90.00 º, ɣ 90.00 ºWyckoff Element x y z
4b Fe 1/2 0 1/2
4c La 0.009381 0.961741 3/4
4c O 0.08612 0.478265 1/4
8d O 0.712594 0.287975 0.453725so all the atom substitutions of Ni, Co, Cu and Mn will go into that 4b Fe site. From the analysis, it has 4 symmetry equivalent sites:
5 T 26 FE 0.000000000000E+00 0.000000000000E+00 -5.000000000000E-01 6 F 26 FE -5.000000000000E-01 0.000000000000E+00 -3.095458132887E-17 7 F 26 FE -5.000000000000E-01 -5.000000000000E-01 2.220446049250E-16 8 F 26 FE 0.000000000000E+00 -5.000000000000E-01 -5.000000000000E-01I know the Fe composition, it is 20 %, the rest are Ni, Co, Cu and Mn, all at the same 20 % compositions - this simplifies the problem. But then I have 4 equivalent Fe sites and 5 elements to fit. Am I correct that I need to construct a supercell here? Ultimately, I would like this module to return me possible combinations of all 20% five elements, but not sure what size of supercell to create
see the attached test structure input.out INPUT.d12
thank you
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login