running JSmol
-
I profusely apologize, but how do I visualize vibrations on my browser using JSMol? I know it sounds silly but I have no idea how to install or launch it. Your webpage below did it very well, I can't follow any of the Java related instructions on the developers website, I would like to be able to run JSmol on my home computer on a browser, can somebody give me a brief instruction how to do that?
Your tutorial page does that very well
-
Dear Jonas,
A good option just for visualization is using the CRYSPLOT webpage, which includes a tool for this based on JSMol and only requires your output file. Another option would be to use JMol, which requires a local installation of Java. Using JSMol locally is not an easy task, as its developed for its usage on web servers. If you really need to do so, you can find some guidance in the the following sites (it will depend on which browser you want to use, and probably also on your OS):
Hope this helps.
Marcos
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login