Skip to content
  • Home
  • Recent
Collapse
Brand Logo
CRYSTAL23
Latest v1.0.1
Tutorials Try the Demo Get a License
Tutorials Try the Demo Get a License Instagram
  1. Home
  2. CRYSTAL
  3. Basis Sets
  4. BASISSET mTZVP not allowed

BASISSET mTZVP not allowed

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Basis Sets
4 Posts 2 Posters 500 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • pw_mit
    pw_mit
    pw_mit
    wrote on last edited by pw_mit
    #1

    Hi,
    I'm trying to optimize a crystal with B97-3c with the following input:

    Glycine beta form
    CRYSTAL
    0 0 0
    4
    5.0932 6.272 5.3852 113.19
    10
    {N x y z}*10
    OPTGEOM
    FULLOPTG
    ENDOPT
    BASISSET
    mTZVP
    DFT
    B973C
    ENDDFT
    SHRINK
    0 4
    5 4 5
    ENDSCF
    

    However, it failed with message "ERROR **** CRYSTA **** KEYWORD MTZVP NOT ALLOWED".
    Although, it runs well when I remove "OPTGEOM \ FULLOPTG \ ENDOPT".

    It seems that 'BASISSET' was not parsed properly.
    Do I do anything wrong? Or has anyone seen this issue before?

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • pw_mit
      pw_mit
      pw_mit
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I'm wondering if it could be related to something wrong I did in building? Because at mean time I also have parallel running issue. Although I hope to solve this input file parse issue first.

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • fbodo
        fbodo
        fbodo
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Hi pw_mit,
        I have tried to run the input you shared with us and it works on my end as you can see here. Could you share your output with us so that we can get a better idea of the issue?

        Filippo Bodo
        Department of Chemistry, Southern Methodist University, Dallas , TX, USA
        Dipartimento di Chimica, Università degli Studi di Torino, Torino, Italy
        https://github.com/Filo3dg

        1 Reply Last reply
        0
        • pw_mit
          pw_mit
          pw_mit
          wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Hi Filippo,
          Thank you for jump in to help!
          Glad to hear it works on your end. I did expect it to work as following the manual.

          Here's the input glycine.d12 and output glycine.out files.
          Uploading fort.7 file is not allowed here. It has two lines in it:

          ERROR **** CRYSTA **** KEYWORD MTZVP     NOT ALLOWED
          ERROR **** CRYSTA **** KEYWORD MTZVP     NOT ALLOWED
          

          And there is a warning from the system as:

          forrtl: warning (496): BACKSPACE is a no-op on a terminal device
          

          This run was tested with slurm on 1 core on a 48-core machine with such commands:

          #SBATCH --nodes=1
          #SBATCH --ntasks=1
          export OMP_STACKSIZE=16M
          export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1
          mpirun -np 1 MPPcrystalOMP < glycine.d12 > glycine.out
          

          Since it worked on your end but not mine, I'm afraid it is because something was missing in the building. Is there any clue come to your mind?

          Thanks,
          Peng

          1 Reply Last reply
          0

          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

          Register Login
          Reply
          • Reply as topic
          Log in to reply
          • Oldest to Newest
          • Newest to Oldest
          • Most Votes


          Powered by Crystal Solutions
          • Login

          • Don't have an account? Register

          • Login or register to search.
          • First post
            Last post
          0
          • Home
          • Recent