Fermi Energy not in interval in SOC
-
I am trying to run a SOC calculation on some oxides. I first ran a non SOC calculation, optimizing the structure. It converged normally. After that I created the following input file, to include the spin-orbit coupling contribution:
XXX SLAB 1 12.69372704 12.68784779 120.044058 32 235 -3.586064252172E-04 1.785780347880E-01 1.434019668017E+00 235 4.993953039180E-01 1.784529984229E-01 1.438839678176E+00 ... ENDGEOM 235 5 STUTSC 0 0 10 2.0 1 9659.390000 -0.000371 ... 99 0 ENDBASIS TWOCOMPON SOC ENDTWO DFT SPIN XXLGRID PBE0 ENDDFT SHRINK 24 24 TOLINTEG 8 8 8 8 30 SPINLOCK 0 50 ATOMSPIN 8 15 +1 16 +1 19 +1 20 +1 13 -1 14 -1 17 -1 18 -1 MAXCYCLE 400 FMIXING 60 SMEAR 0.001 ENDSCFHowever, I am getting the following message at the output
CYC 0 ETOT(AU) -1.055244791621E+04 DETOT -1.06E+04 tst 0.00E+00 PX 1.00E+00 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT FDIK TELAPSE 5489.51 TCPU 5471.81 ERROR **** ZERO **** FERMI ENERGY NOT IN INTERVALSince it is the first time I am using the SOC, I would like to known if I am doing something wrong or if is there a way to circumvent this SCF issue.
-
Dear Jacques. I wrote wrong. It is not an oxide, sorry by that. Below follows the
full input file
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login