How is the Fermi level computed in CRYSTAL?
-
I wanted to understand better how the Fermi level is determined in CRYSTAL. Looking through the manual, I found that there is mention about this in Section 18.7: "The technique adopted to compute EF and the P matrix in the SCF step is described in reference [100]."
Ref. [100] is the following: V. R. Saunders et al. Electronic structure theory: from molecules to crystals. private communication, 1999.
The only thing I could find about ref. [100] was this google scholar entry which does not have a link to the article. I was wondering if there is any information about this somewhere else, or if you know where we could have access to the original paper.
-
Hi,
Section 6 of Chapter 2 of this book addresses these aspects into some detail:
Pisani, C.; Dovesi, R.; Roetti, C. Hartree-Fock Ab Initio Treatment of Crystalline solids; Lecture Notes in Chemistry Series; Springer Verlag: Berlin, 1988; Vol. 48.
I have extracted the relevant pages here.
-
Hello Prof. Erba,
Thank you for providing the reference and relevant pages. This is very useful.
Best,
Danny
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login