Skip to content
  • Home
  • Recent
Collapse
Brand Logo
CRYSTAL23
Latest v1.0.1
Tutorials Try the Demo Get a License
Tutorials Try the Demo Get a License Instagram
  1. Home
  2. PROPERTIES
  3. Other Questions
  4. Query regarding COHP Calculation

Query regarding COHP Calculation

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Other Questions
3 Posts 2 Posters 787 Views 2 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Rams
    Rams
    Rams
    wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Hello,

    I am studying a particular Perovskite structure. I performed COHP calculation to understand the bond strength. As per the paper mentioned in the manual (PCCP,17,31023-31029 (2015) -"Integration of the COHP diagram is a measure of bond strength (in units of energy)).

    But when I perform the COHP analysis and integrated till Fermi level, I am getting a positive value for the integrated COHP, that means the bond is unstable right ?, which is not possible since it is a very well experimentally observed structure. Attached below are the COHP and integrated COHP plot between oxygen and Ni atom within the considered unit cell.

    COOP_COHP_Plot.png Integrated_COHP_Plot.png

    Any suggestions ? I am attaching the input and COHP files from properties calculation.

    Thanks in advance for your help !

    COHP.dat
    INPUT.d3

    Regards,
    Rams

    1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • aerba
      aerba
      aerba
      Developer
      wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Hi,

      Can you check the COHP.dat file you uploaded? I tried to open it with CRYSPLOT but everything seems to be zero...?

      Alessandro Erba
      Professor of Physical Chemistry
      Department of Chemistry, University of Torino
      [email protected]

      1 Reply Last reply
      0
      • Rams
        Rams
        Rams
        wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Hi Prof. Erba,

        Thanks for the reply. From the file, I could see there are value from energy " -7.9324E-01" (Line No: 81826). I could plot the data using Python, Xmgrace. With CRYSPLOT somehow the data loading is slow and my browser hangs so I am not able to check it. But definitely there is data.

        I requested for COHP between Ni and three nearby oxygen. In the file there are 5 columns, so if I am not mistaken it corresponds to "Energy - Next three columns in the order I request - Final Column of DOS ?" (Because the last column data when plotted matches the DOS)

        Thanks & Regards,
        Rams

        1 Reply Last reply
        0

        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

        Register Login
        Reply
        • Reply as topic
        Log in to reply
        • Oldest to Newest
        • Newest to Oldest
        • Most Votes


        Powered by Crystal Solutions
        • Login

        • Don't have an account? Register

        • Login or register to search.
        • First post
          Last post
        0
        • Home
        • Recent