ECHG in XY, XZ and XY-Z plots
-
I'm working on electron density maps using CRYSPLOT and I’m trying to generate contour plots in different planes—specifically XY, XZ, and a custom diagonal like XY-Z. I’ve successfully used RECTANGU for XZ plots, but I’m not sure how to define the input for other orientations.
Here’s a simplified version of my current input:ECHG 0 50 ATOMS 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 1 RECTANGU MARGINS 3 3 3 3 END ENDHow can I modify this to get a plot in the XY and XY-Z plane and if 2 atoms are in the same cell as 0 0 0, they overlap or no? *
-
Hi,
To specify your plane of interest more freely, I recommend using the COORDINA option instead of the ATOMS option. With COORDINA you can input the Cartesian coordinates of 3 points A, B and C defining the plane. For instance, if you want to select the XY plane you can simply use:
ECHG 0 50 COORDINA 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0 RECTANGU MARGINS 3 3 3 3 END ENDHope this helps,
-
Thank you, Dr. Alessandro Erba, for the helpful suggestion regarding the use of the COORDINA option. Your example for defining the XY plane was clear and easy to follow — I’ll definitely apply this approach in my setup.
Thanks again for your guidance!
Cheers
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login